Flat Roofing Solutions for Commercial Buildings
Many commercial buildings, including warehouses, large box stores and more, feature flat or low-sloping roofs. These require special roofing applications that take water pooling and resistance into account. Roman's Roofing offers 2 types of flat roofing applications:
- EPDM is an extremely durable synthetic rubber roofing membrane widely used in low-slope buildings. Its two primary ingredients, ethylene and propylene, are derived from oil and natural gas. EPDM is available in both black and white, and is sold a broad variety of widths.
- Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) single-ply roofing membranes are among the fastest growing commercial roofing products. TPO single-ply roofing membranes are heat-reflective and energy efficient, providing exceptional resistance to ultraviolet, ozone and chemical exposure.
The installation process for flat roofing applications is as follows:
- Remove existing roof down to the wood decking
- Inspect decking for rot and deterioration (add'l charge if found in deck, fascia or rafters)
- Install black board base
- Install and weld special boots around roof penetrations
- Install TPO
- Fasten edges and weld seams
- Cleat gutters
- Magnet sweep
- Clean and haul away all job-related debris